During a liver transplant, the liver of the patient is replaced with a whole liver of a deceased person or a part of the liver of a healthy donor. The liver is a vital organ and performs several critical functions like processing nutrients, producing bile, removing bacteria and toxins, making proteins and preventing infection.
Liver transplant is prescribed to patients who suffer from end-stage chronic disease. However, in rare cases, a liver transplant is done when a person suffers from sudden liver failure.
In this article, we will give you pointers to find the right hospital for a liver transplant surgery in India. We will also let you know which is the best hospital for liver transplant in India.
What Are The Major Causes Of Liver Failure?
- Alcoholic Liver disease
- Hepatitis B and C
- Fatty Liver disease
- Genetic liver diseases
- Conditions that end up affecting the bile duct
Among these diseases, hepatitis B and C are the most common infections and reasons behind liver failure.
Tips for Choosing the Best Hospital for Liver Transplant in India:
- You must consider looking for the number and types of surgeries performed in the hospital every year
- Search for the success rate of liver transplant surgeries performed in the hospital
- Make sure that all the equipment and tools used by the hospital are advanced and up to date
- It would help if you asked for an emergency plan in case your surgery goes wrong
- Consider looking at the cost of treatments associated with the surgery
- Looking for online reviews will help you with understanding whether the services offered by the hospital will stand up to your expectation or not
- It would be best if you considered that the location of your hospital is easily accessible as you might have to go to the hospital several times before undergoing the final surgeries.
4 Tips to Stay Healthy After a Liver Transplant
- You must take the medication prescribed by the doctor regularly in time
- Visit your healthcare team periodically
- Follow your exercise and diet guide
- Relax and lead a healthy lifestyle
Best Hospital For Liver Transplant In India?
Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, Delhi is one of the best hospitals for liver transplant in India. The highly trained professionals at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, Delhi, have treated more than 34 lakh patients across 35 specialities.
The hospital is equipped with advanced machines and tools to carry out successful surgeries. This healthcare centre has several facilities like- 24*7 emergency services, ATM, blood bank, pharmacy and several more amenities required for your well being. The hospital is located in an accessible location making it easy for you to reach there without facing any trouble even in an emergency or for appointments.
Finalizing a hospital where you will undergo a surgery can take a lot of time and research. This decision can affect your life in the present and the future so it is advisable to think, research and consult as many people as you can. We hope that this article helps you find the best hospital for liver transplant in India.