These are the protective properties of our body, which are manifested in the ability to detect bacteria and viruses alien to it, and also to fight them. Good immunity determines our health.
There are usually two types of immunity.
- Natural (or innate) immunity is the one that we acquire during illness and which is then inherited.
- Artificial immunity is the one that we acquire as a result of the introduction of ready-made antibodies or vaccines (vaccinations). In this case, the body begins to produce its own antibodies, and this ability persists for many years.
The body begins to build up the immune system from birth and finishes its formation only after puberty.
But even the strongest immunity can weaken with age and any of the following factors can be the culprit.
Causes of decreased immunity
- Regular stress and depression.
- Mental and physical fatigue.
- Lack of sleep.
- Surgery and chemotherapy.
- Taking antibiotics and other medications for a long time.
- Drinking alcohol, smoking and other bad habits.
- Binge eating.
- Improper nutrition, that is, an excess in the diet of fat, sugar, salt, unnatural products with various harmful dyes and preservatives.
- Passive lifestyle.
How to raise immunity at home
You can increase the defenses of your body and strengthen your immunity with the help of:
- physical activity;
- proper nutrition, which, in turn, involves:
- the use of healthy natural products,
- balanced diet,
- strengthening the body with folk remedies,
- taking dietary supplements and vitamins.
- Hardening should only be started when you are healthy.
- The temperature should be reduced gradually. For example, you can start by simply washing your face with cool water. Then slowly lower the temperature and expand the hardening range (s).
- It is important to harden regularly. Moreover, a runny nose is not a reason to stop it. This is just the body’s response to changes.
- Air bathsare a stay at a temperature not higher than 15 degrees. Start with 3 minutes and then extend this time by 1-2 minutes every day.
- Drying off with awet towel. Rub your back, chest, neck, hips, legs with vigorous movements for 3-4 minutes. The water temperature should be lowered gradually, starting from 30 degrees and decreasing by 5 degrees every week.
- Pouring isbest done in the morning. Start by partially dousing your body with water at room temperature. After a couple of weeks, you can douse yourself whole and gradually lower the temperature.
- A contrast showerhelps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels and the heart. Alternate hot and cold water for 10 seconds at each temperature.
- Walking barefoot. You don’t have to walk barefoot on the ground for this procedure. Everything can be arranged at home. Pour cold water into the bottom of the tub and sit in it for a few minutes. Change the duration and temperature gradually.
Hardening procedures have a positive effect on blood circulation, skin condition, help to strengthen the walls of blood vessels and, in general, activate the work of all organs.
Moderate exercise is another way to boost your immune system. While excessive physical activity can, on the contrary, disrupt it. This is due to competitive stress, hormonal changes and overstrain of the body. And if your main goal is to activate the protective functions of the body, and not to participate in a bodybuilding competition, go jogging, cycling, do exercises, walk a lot. This will have a good effect on well-being, health, improve blood circulation and lymphatic drainage, help remove mucus from the bronchi and increase the response of the immune system. With regular, moderate exercise, the chance of contracting respiratory infections is reduced by 50 percent.
The most important condition for a good immune system is healthy and wholesome food. It is necessary to exclude from the diet as soon as possible or to minimize the use of harmful products, such as:
- transgenic fats (margarine, mayonnaise),
- sugar, sweets, cakes.
- strong alcoholic drinks,
- carbonated drinks,
- fast food,
- fried food,
- sausages and canned food,
- premium flour pasta.
One should not neglect the proven folk remedies, which are recognized as catalysts of immunity.
Rosehip is famous for its powerful antibacterial effect, as well as a high content of vitamin C – in this it even overtakes lemon and currant. Pour boiling water over the berries and leave for several hours. Drink a glass of tincture daily to prevent colds. You can completely replace rosehip infusion and save yourself the hassle of brewing and infusing the drink with NUTRILITE or NUTRILITE Vitamin C plus chewable tablets .
Honey is considered to be one of the richest foods in trace elements and minerals. One tablespoon a day is enough to maintain immunity. However, in case of illness, you can enhance the effect of honey by adding other medicinal products to it. The recipe for the mixture is very simple: grind 3 garlic cloves, 1 lemon in a blender, add ½ cup honey. It is recommended to take the mixture a tablespoon on an empty stomach and at bedtime. You can use ginger or aloe juice instead of garlic.
Aloe juice can be added to herbal teas or even honey. In addition, it is a natural remedy for the treatment of the common cold – for this it is enough to drip a few drops of juice into the nasal passages.
you can check the form here for a proper health guide.
Lemon is indispensable for diseases associated with colds. For angina and pharyngitis, you can gargle with lemon juice diluted in a glass of water. For colds, table salt is added to the same solution.
Ginger root is used for the preparation of decoctions and teas, as well as for inhalation. Ginger will help you quickly cope with a cold, restore strength after an illness.
Garlic contains a natural antibiotic – allicin, which kills harmful microorganisms, increases immunity and resistance to stress. For the prevention of colds, it is enough to consume a clove of garlic once a