There is a high ratio of obesity in the Australian population with more than two-thirds of the total population suffering from obesity at some point in their lives.
Obesity refers to a complex disease that involves the accumulation of fats in the body that can lead to many other health conditions like cardiovascular diseases, increased blood pressure, increased blood sugar, and some form of cancers as well.
Many people consider obesity as a cosmetic drawback but it is actually a serious medical condition and has very miserable long-term consequences.
A person is considered obese when his or her BMI (body mass index) is more than 30 according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Whereas a BMI of 25 to 30 is considered overweight and from 18.5 to 24.9 it is considered normal.
The leading causes of obesity in Australia are lack of physical activity, unhealthy diet and in some people genetics is responsible.
Erectile dysfunction is also known as impotence is the inability of a man to sustain an erection during sexual intercourse due to insufficient blood flow to the penis. Only you can get a reliable solution from Vialis Meds.
It is characterized by psychological, emotional, and social drawbacks as a person with erectile dysfunction might lose his confidence and self-esteem.
In Australia, about 40 percent of the population is affected with erectile dysfunction out of whom half are younger than 50 years and have obesity-related erectile dysfunction.
How obesity can lead to erectile dysfunction?
Due to obesity, the following events occur that causes erectile dysfunction subsequently,
- Damage to blood vessels: The increased weight causes fatty plaque in the arteries and makes the blood vessels hard and resistant to dilation, enough blood can not reach the penile arteries, resulting in erectile dysfunction.
- Testosterone level decreases: An imbalance in hormonal regulation due to obesity also affects the production of testosterone which is an essential hormone for males to have a normal erection.
- Generalized inflammation in the body: Obesity has an impact on the overall metabolism of the body therefore the release of oxidants called free radicals that cause generalized inflammation in the body and have a negative impact on the normal cellular mechanisms.
Besides these, there is a high chance of diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, and hypertension that are also precursors for erectile dysfunction.
Medications for erectile dysfunction:
The commonly available medicines in Australia for treating erectile dysfunction are Viagra, Priligy, Kamagra Jelly, Cialis, and Levitra, and most of them are a form of Phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors. Generic priligy 60mg to enjoy your life with your loving partner.
Does managing obesity treat erectile dysfunction?
Yes, losing weight has a positive impact on sexual health. Weight loss depends on two factors; eating fewer fats and doing more physical work, however, the factor that treats erectile dysfunction is increased physical activity.
During obesity, there is a build-up of toxic chemicals in our body called free radicals which hinder the body’s capability of producing its natural hormones and chemicals. When a person loses weight the free radicals also vanish and oxidative stress is relieved, following an efficient production of nitric oxide. This naturally releasing nitric oxide helps the penile musculature to relax, thus causing more blood to flow to the penis for causing an erection.
Ways of treating obesity:
The best way to treat obesity is by engaging in a healthy lifestyle and eating habits.
- Lifestyle modification involves regular exercise like weight loss and strengthening exercises, running, jogging, and going to the gym regularly as well as smoking and alcohol cessation.
- Improving eating habits involve eating fats-free meals, reducing sodium intake, increasing proteins and fiber intake, taking regular vitamins, and drinking plenty of water for adequate hydration.
- In some cases, surgery is necessary for weight loss.