Rebounding is an exercise that is performed while jumping on a mini-trampoline. The jumps can vary between fast and slow depending on the pace of your workout. You can take rest at regular intervals. Rebounding helps to work the muscles present in the leg, helps to increase endurance, strengthen the bones, and many have many other health benefits. This exercise has gained popularity because it is gentle on the joints and is less stressful. Rebounding also allows you to work on your cardiovascular system.
Why you should try rebounding?
Rebounding is the most effective cardio exercise because it has fewer effects on the cardiovascular system. This workout is appropriate for people of all age groups.’
The benefits of rebounding are:
- Works to strengthen the abdominal, leg, buttock, and deep back muscles.
- Helps to improve endurance.
- Helps to improve balance, coordination, and motor skills.
Here are a few safety measures that you need to follow before starting with rebounding:
Firstly, you should consult your doctor before you start rebounding exercise. You can make use of mini trampoline as it helps to absorb some of the force which you might experience while performing the traditional land exercises like running and jogging. Rebounding and mini-trampoline exercises are not preferred if you have had previous surgeries or any other medical concerns.
Pro-tip: Make sure your mini-trampoline is working properly. You need to place the mini-trampoline on a stable surface to reduce the risk of injuries. Keep your mini-trampoline away from the furniture.
Here are a few tips on how to choose the best mini-trampoline for your rebounding exercises:
- Your trampoline should have steady and stable legs.
- The circumference of your trampoline should be between 36-48 inches.
- Should be able to hold an adult weight of 220-250 pounds. So, it is preferred to get a bigger trampoline.
Good news! If you are short of space, you can consider buying a foldable trampoline so that you can easily store it at any corner of the house.
How often should I perform the rebounding exercise?
Rebounding exercises can be performed any number of times depending on your stamina. For effective results, it is preferred to work-out 3 times a week for 15-20 mins each day.
Top 5 benefits of using a mini-trampoline for rebounding
- The Easiest way to lose weight: According to the reports, rebounding is 68% more efficient than jogging. It is a metabolic supporting exercise. It is said that rebounding at a moderate speed can help you breathe comfortably.
- Helps in detoxification and cleanses your body: This unique form of exercise helps in improving body’s detoxification mechanism. The shift in gravity is advantageous for every muscle cells of the body. It is beneficial for the lymphatic system.
- Improves your immune system: Lymphatic system is one of the most important parts of the immune system. Rebounding helps to fight against the various bacterial and viral diseases. Doing this exercise regularly makes the valve of the lymphatic system to open and close. Rebounding also boosts your immunity, removes body toxins, and slows down your aging process.
- Improves body posture: Rebounding helps to stimulate the vestibule in the middle ear and also helps to improve body balance.
- Effective if done with other exercises: For better results, start rebounding with other cardio exercises.
The other benefits of rebounding are: Rebounding helps to prevent and avoid cancer, reduces tiredness and menstrual discomfort in women. Rebounding is a safe cardio exercise and can be performed by anyone and everyone.
So, what are you waiting for? Get your own mini-trampoline and start your rebounding workout for a healthier life.