There is no one who won’t like to have free stuff! With modern advertising and marketing strategies of big brands, people are now getting free stuff in the mail. Perfume samples are one such commodity that you can get for free. All you need to do is know the correct trick to get it! High-end brands such as Calvin Klein, Versace, YSL, Chanel, etc. have tons of free perfume samples ready to ship. Being a perfume lover, you’ll be charmed to know that these companies regularly send free samples to users. By simply asking the company for samples, you can get loads of perfume shipped straight to your door!
Let’s learn how and what should be the composition, to write to companies for free sample fragrance:
There are many brands you can choose to write. From the local to the super famous, there is no limit on who you can write to. Dig around on the web, and you’ll find many lists mentioning famous perfumes and brands.
To get started, here’s a list:
- Calvin Klein
- Dolce and Gabbana
Once the listing is done, check their websites and hunt for the “Contact Us” or “About Us” section. Skim through these pages and find out an email address or office address. Sending a letter via snail mail stands for a higher response rate.
Write a Letter or Email:
After shortlisting the brands, it’s time to write a letter or email. Share a positive personal experience with the brand’s products and request some free samples very politely. Most companies are likely to be impressed and send you a cartload of their fragrance samples.
The letter needs to cover the following things:
- Dear Sir/Ma’am: A polite and formal salutation.
- Introduction: In one sentence or two, state the reason to write and express your fandom about the brand and its products. Mention a few products you love and a few reasons why you like their company over others.
- Personal Experience: Share a personal experience to establish proximity. Share a fable regarding one of their perfumes! Something like gathering compliments at a party for the scent, or an attached memory! Keep it short, crisp, and convincing.
- Ask for samples: Very politely ask for some samples, but do not be blunt! Instead, mention how you’d love to try more of their range or your insights on buying a new perfume & explore more fragrances.
- Address: Mention your postal address.
- Gratitude: Keep them pleased by thanking and expressing gratitude to lend their time to read your mail.
- Sign off: Wind up by reflecting your expectation for a response and sign off with “Best Wishes,” “Yours faithfully,” or “Kind Regards.”
Send Your Letter
Once completed writing a letter, send it to your selected company, either to their physical office address or send through email. You’ll be surprised by the quick response rate these brands have!
- Don’t be blunt. It won’t put you in any favor and might ruin the mood. Be gracious and polite if you wish to score high on response meter.
- Mention a few of their perfumes. This adds a little impression & personalization to the letter and looks more genuine and less generic. It also depicts your knowledge of their brand!
- Don’t copy and paste any template. Use your original phrases and sentences to personalize.
- Use short and catchy sentences. No one likes to read novels in a letter or an email. So, long, winding sentences and passages can be tedious. Keeping it simple, short, and quick sentences are the best hack.
Experience says handwritten letters work best. It shows the extra mile you have taken down to handwrite it. You can hope to have better success. The way you would you love to receive a handwritten letter from an old friend, the same way brands feel good when customers praise and write their heart out!
So be genuine and sweet if you intend to have some free sample fragrances.