Parking your car in a car park couldn’t be any simpler than this; you just roam around for an open spot and when you already found one, you park your vehicle on it. As easy as it is, there are certain things you have to consider when finding an open spot and when getting off and/or going back to your car. One thing that you need to keep in mind in doing all these things is to exercise safety at all times. Indeed, walking pedestrians and other vehicles that are either stationary or mobile are considered potential hazards when you are looking for parking space. In getting off your car or going back in, applying security measures could help you prevent untoward incidents inside the car park, such as theft.
This article puts into light important tips that drivers like should remember while finding a spot in the car park, entering and exiting the parking spot, and getting off and getting back inside your car.
Parking your car
Unfortunately, not all drivers are capable of learning how to park their vehicles properly. They don’t even bother learning how to do so even though they’ve already learned how to drive properly in their driver education classes. Indeed, taking time to learn how to park the right way and in a defensive way is imperative, because car parks, just like roadways, have rules that every motorist like you should follow.
- When you have found a parking space, make sure that you use your signal lights before you make entry into the spot. This is to let other drivers know of your intentions.
- Before entering into the spot, you must make sure that you scan the space for any pedestrian or any object or impediment.
- Enter the parking space as slowly as you can, making sure that you center your car on the parking space, properly observing line marking Sydney, so that you can have enough room to get off your vehicle.
- If you decide to back your vehicle into the spot. If you have a companion, or if there is security personnel at the car park, you can elicit assistance from him or her. Make him or her use hand signals instead of verbal signals.
- Consider parking your vehicle in a well-lit area. You can also park near where the car park management staff is stationed.
Exiting the car
Once you’ve already put your vehicle in place, you must take into consideration doing the following before getting off:
- Before you exit the vehicle, make sure that all your valuables are with you. Windows must be locked.
- Check if the front or back of the vehicle is not jutting out
- Before leaving the vehicle, take time to check every door of your car to see if they are locked.
- Invest in a steering wheel lock bar next time. It really does wonders knowing that car theft is rampant nowadays.
Going back to your vehicle
Once you’ve already done with your errand, task, or activity, it is now time for you to return to your car. Here are some valuable tips when approaching and entering your car:
- If possible, you can return to your car with a group accompanying you. You can also seek the help of the car park’s security guard to escort you to your car.
- Always remember to have your key in hand as you approach your car.
- Check the inside of your vehicle before you get in just to make sure that no one is inside.
- Upon entering, lock all the doors and start your car’s engine. Exit the parking space while minding the line marking Sydney, and the car park without any delays.
Putting into mind these tips ensures your safety and the security of your vehicle in the car park. Not only will you be avoiding dealing with insurance in case of accidents, but also help you have a peace of mind knowing that your car is safe.
Related Article: Top 5 Most Affordable Bikes in India That You Should Buy