Dual-band routers by Netgear are one of the best devices to consider if you want to boost your existing internet range and seamlessly work on your connected devices no matter where you move in your house. Though your Netgear router works as per the expectations of the users, still some of them reported that the device is not working efficiently and got stuck when searching for a new firmware update. If you are also one of those who are screwed and struggling with the same, here is the tutorial to fix the Netgear router firmware stuck issue at no time. Let’s take the plunge!
What to do if Netgear WiFi Router Firmware Update Fail or Stuck
Though regularly performed (whenever available) firmware updates turn out to be pretty reliable but at times, they let users stuck at a page and wait longer than expected. But need not worry. The points highlighted below will shed light on the causes of Netgear router firmware update stuck along with relevant fixes to troubleshoot them. Keep reading!
Cause Behind Netgear Router Firmware Update Stuck Issue with Fixes
Prior to updating the firmware update process on your Netgear WiFi router, we suggest you keep some below-mentioned points into consideration.
- The device you are using to perform the firmware update process must have enough space to download it. For this, you can delete some temporary or unneeded files from your device and make some space available for the firmware to get downloaded.
- Maybe you have selected the wrong firmware version for your device. To prevent this, ensure to select the correct firmware version for your router’s model.
- Have you followed the firmware update steps completely and correctly incorrect order? Think twice and follow the correct steps to update your router’s firmware.
- Which login details you are using? Well, use the correct admin credentials. Chances are you are using the Netgear extender login details to get into the dashboard of your router. So, to get your router get updated by the latest firmware version, ensure to use it admin details only.
- What about the power? Is your Netgear router getting enough power supply? Verify it and be sure to deliver a fluctuation-free and uninterrupted power supply to avoid any issues while updating your router’s firmware.
Enough about causes with their fixes! Now let us guide you on how to update your router’s firmware without any hassle.
Update Firmware on Netgear Router
- Connect your computer or laptop to your home WiFi network.
- Once done, connect your Netgear router to your modem.
- Launch a web browser and enter routerlogin web address into the URL bar.
The router login window appears.
- Enter your router’s admin name and password or network key.
Locate the ADVANCED tab.
- Click on Administration or Settings > Administration.
- Select Firmware Update or Router Update option. The options vary upon the router’s model you are using.
- Hit the Check button.
- Your Netgear router searches for a new firmware version.
- If the new firmware is available, hit the Yes button.
- Once you click Yes, do not touch your router or your device on which firmware update process on going on.
Once the firmware update process gets completed, your router will restart.
In a Nutshell
If you follow the steps as same as given in this post, then we assure you that you will fix the “Netgear router firmware update stuck” issue on your own. Just in case, you are still stuck on the same issue and all the aforementioned steps got to waste, then the only remedy left is to perform the Netgear router reset process. And even after resetting your router, the issue remains the same, we suggest you get in touch with us via comments.