Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is one of the best-known cyber security certifications offered for IT professionals worldwide. The CISSP certification is ideal for those looking to acquire knowledge in the domain of cyber security and information security.
Large and small organizations would need professionals with CISSP certifications as the world economy gets more digital. With growing competition, each organization is trying to distinguish itself by providing better service to the end customer while keeping customer data and other information safe and secure. Thus the need for CISSP courses is only going to grow.
Today with a CISSP certification, you can be assured of a good pay jump in your current job and of getting high respect, especially in the banking and finance industry vertical.
Benefits of CISSP Certification
CISSP certification is governed by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2, a non-profit organization. It has chapters in many countries of the world and is growing and expanding to new geographies.
As a result, the CISSP certification is becoming popular and well-known within corporate and professional circles worldwide.
Besides becoming acceptable and desirable, there are many other benefits of CISSP courses.
Some of these benefits are:
1. CISSP certification can make you more hirable. It is one of the most sought-after certification courses in the cyber security domain. It can benefit Network architects, Security architects, consultants, Security system engineers and managers, Security analysts, and auditors. Ideally, the professional should have at least 5 years of work experience in 2 or more of the 8 domains prescribed by (ISC)2 in their CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
2. CISSP certification exams are one of the toughest examinations to clear. No wonder it’s a matter of pride and prestige for successful professionals. You can expect faster promotions and bigger responsibilities. This translates into higher salaries and bigger bonuses
3. The CISSP training syllabus encompasses all the core concepts and topics of the field of cyber security. By successfully clearing the CISSP exams, you will become an expert in implementing core concepts and ideas in the real world on a practical level.
4. CISSP certification exam is very comprehensive and complete. It will give you a lot of knowledge about the information security field.
It covers the following topics with weightages:
- Security and Risk Management 15%
- Asset Security 10%
- Security Architecture and Engineering 13%
- Communication and Network Security 14%
- Identity and Access Management 13%
- Security Assessment and Testing 12%
- Security Operations 13%
o Software Development Security 10%
– (ISC)2 membership is included with CISSP exams. This in itself has many advantages:
- Avail discounted services and products of (ISC)2, including textbooks which could be up to 50% discounted.
- Access to research, studies, and latest papers on information security
- Free subscription to ISC journals and InfoSecurity Professional magazines
- Digital certificates and badges
- Authorization to start new ISC chapters or centers
- Access to the wide network of contacts could help better understanding and growth opportunities in the domain of cyber security and information security
CISSP Certification Costs
CISSP exams cost keeps increasing due to the increased cost of exam administration. Being available globally and in more languages than ever before has forced (ISC) to expand its test center network to fulfill the increasing demand. CISSP exam costs support the administration of conducting a consistent and secure exam experience for all CISSP candidates.
Currently, the CISSP exam registration fee is US$ 749. This cost does not include taxes, which vary based on the exam location. In addition, there are fees for cancellation and rescheduling.
To do so, Pearson VUE has to be contacted at least 48 hours prior to your exam online or at least 24 hours before your exam by phone. They charge US$ $50 for rescheduling and US $100 for cancellation of the exams. But if you do not take the exam within 365 days of your initial scheduled exam date, your exam fee is not refunded.
CISSP certification gives you a holistic understanding of information security and makes you highly desirable in any organization. By successfully clearing CISSP certification exams, you are equipped with all the skills needed to optimize security operations in any organization. This is why CISSP certifications are considered valuable the world over.