The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), an initiative of India’s Government, focuses on “Housing for All” by 2022. Launched by the Prime Minister of India, Mr Narendra Modi, on June 1, 2015, the scheme aims to construct more than two crore houses throughout the nation within 2022 and is divided into two segments; PMAY-Urban and PMAY-Rural. The beneficiaries under this scheme primarily focus on the citizens living under EWS and LIG categories in the country’s urban establishments.
- Promotion of Affordable Housing for the weaker section of the society through the credit-linked subsidy (CLSS).
- Affordable housing for all in partnership with the public and private sectors.
- Slum rehabilitation, in-situ basis.
- Subsidy for beneficiary-led individual house construction or enhancement.
PMAY application form and process
To proceed with an online application for PMAY, individuals would need to follow the steps mentioned below –
- Step 1: Visit the official PMAY website, choose MIS login option. Users would need to enter their username and password. Login is complete after captcha code verification.
- Step 2: Under the ‘Citizen Assessment’ tab, choose between two options, namely, ‘For Slum Dwellers’ or ‘Benefit Under Other 3 Components’.
- Step 3: Provide your Aadhaar card details.
- Step 4: Next, an online form will appear, comprising of several in-depth details regarding present residence, income, employment status and much more.
- Step 5: After this PMAY form fill-up is complete, individuals can need to save the same. Verify all details, complete another captcha verification and click on save.
It is essential to fill up this online form with immense care, making sure to avoid any errors. Otherwise, you application may face rejection.
Under the PM Awas Yojana, the Government of India will grant the beneficiaries a subsidy amount ranging from Rs.1 lakh up to Rs.2.30 lakh to boost citizens in purchasing a home for themselves.
Features of PMAY
- A Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana subsidy of 6.5% on home loans availed by beneficiaries for a term period of 15 years from the date of loan sanctioned. This is one of the key benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- Preference would be given to differently-abled and senior people while allotting ground floors in any home scheme under PMAY.
Components of PMAY
- A subsidy of 6.5% to be given on home loans under the credit-linked subsidy scheme to beneficiaries from EWS and lower income group categories. While MIG 1 will get a 4% subsidy, MIG 2 will get a 3 % interest subsidy.
- Central government assistance of Rs.1.5 lakh will be extended to beneficiaries to promote housing stock. Under this project, 35% of the units will be reserved for the economically weaker section category.
- One can also apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana online and receive financial assistance to build toilets under the Swacch Bharat Abhiyan.
Simply assessing the various PMAY components and features is not enough, as one must also know the PMAY eligibility criteria.
Seeking pre-approved offers from reputed financial institutions can streamline the home loan availing process as well. Such offers are extended on financial products like home loans, loan against property and more. Borrowers can check their pre-approved offer by submitting their full name and contact information.
Individuals can also apply for PMAY online or download the form from Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana’s official website. Willing individuals can also get the application form from the desired HFCs. Existing PMAY applicants can also track their loan status by entering their Assessment ID or entering the applicant’s name, father’s name, and mobile number.