Asphalt are notably the most common roofing material in all of the United States, this is due to the ruggedness of asphalt roofing materials which ensures its durability in all climatic conditions.
Pueblo roofing contractor is a reliable roofing company in Colorado, you should visit and see what they have to offer. In this article I will intimate you with a bunch of things you probably will find out about asphalt shingles until now. Read on to discover these gems.
- Asphalt shingles are available in a range of design styles. In fact, asphalt roofing materials have one advantage over others, in the sense that they can be manufactured to clearly look like other roofing materials. This means your roof can look like slate without having to experience the setbacks of using a slate roofing material. The rich design varieties of asphalt make it suitable for a whole lot of homes regardless of their styles.
- Asphalt roofing materials are quite appealing to the eyes. Why is this so? Asphalt are available in a wide array of beautiful colours and you also have the opportunity of choosing from a wide range of textures for your asphalt roof. There are natural-looking, rough-edged, uniform look, or the 3-D influenced overlapping asphalt shingles
- Asphalt shingles are not overly expensive, because they are available in a wide range of styles, you will always find an asphalt roofing material that fits into your budget.
- Asphalt shingles are quite high on the energy efficiency scale. Some asphalt shingles are designed in such a way that they reflect much more radiation from the sun than other roof types. This is because asphalt shingles can come in different tones, varying from dark to light. And also, when an asphalt shingle is to be installed, it is not installed alone. Rather it is installed with some other underlayments which makes it more energy efficient.
Further findings reveal that in locations where there is adequate use of the special shingles mentioned earlier, the temperature in such locations on sunny days can be lowered due to the presence of these energy-efficient asphalt shingles.
- Asphalt roofs have high resistance against fire hazards: From observation, it is proved that asphalt roofs help prevent the spread of fire outbreaks in the case of fire hazards. This is because they possess the highest possible fire protection ratio, Class A.
- Ease of installation and repair: almost every roofer out there can install asphalt shingles, although some are better at it than others. This makes it less expensive to install and with that said, it is also very easy to repair them as you can call on just any roofer to help you with it. This is often not the case with other types of roofs where in extreme cases you’ll have to book an appointment with those who installed it to come and fix the repairs. This means other roof types have a higher lifetime cost than asphalt.
- You can protect your roof from the growing havoc caused by algae. People whose houses are located in the woods are usually victims of algae attacks but with asphalt shingle, you can get roofs that are algae-protected.
- You may also not know that asphalt roofs have better sound protection than other types of roofs, meaning you will be less bothered by noises coming from outside the house.
- You probably already know this, asphalt shingles are reputed for quality.
- It is also important to know that asphalt shingles are recyclable in nature, this means you have a sustainable environment which almost all of us are passionate about.