Are you pondering on what weight training is all about? If so, then you have hit the right place.
What is Weight Training?
The first step in understanding what weight training is–know what exactly it is.
Weight training is a type of strength training that uses weights for resistance. As the free weights (e.g., barbells and dumbbells) create stress, your muscles get stronger.
Weight training has become more and more popular across the world. And that is due to the slew of benefits it entails. It also justifies why to indulge yourself in weight-training workouts.
Here are some relevant facts:
- 60% of people who undergo weight training get an average of 7 hours or more of sleep every night
- Posture gets better with weight training as it makes your core stronger
- Bad cholesterol and blood pressure get lower
- You can reduce body fat by 7%, by attending just two weight training sessions a week
Carefulness is the essence of all human activities, and weight training is no exception. You should be careful during the training sessions and make sure you adhere to the right techniques so that you do not end up hurting yourself.
During the training sessions:
- Keep your back straight when lifting
- Use the proper lifting technique
- Wear shoes with good traction
- Make sure the equipment you use is in good condition
- Do not hyperventilate (breathe in and out fast) or hold your breath when you lift heavyweights. You may faint and lose control of the weights
- Breathe out when you lift
- Discontinue lifting if you feel pain
- Avoid lifting heavier weights than you can handle
- Do not lift heavy weights without spotters (someone to assist in helping you to lift)
You might find it hard to believe that weight lifting bears the potential to improve the states of your body as well as mind. You will get to know why the training is a must for you in the infographic in this post, so read on.