Just because you have a dog doesn’t mean you have to be home all the time. If you plan ahead and are a little careful, traveling with your dog is easy and fun for more info visit https://4knines.com.
Here are some tips to make it easier for you and your pet to travel:
1. Turn your dog to travel in the car on short walks. Go to fun places like the dog park, the fast food tour (where you can feed him piles of meat from your burger), or visit friends. You want me to think road trip is fun. You do not want your dog to think that all car journeys end at the vet.
2. If your dog tends to get dizzy, do not feed him the morning of the ride. Having your dog travel on an empty stomach will help prevent any car sickness.
3. Bring plenty of water and a bowl of water. You should give your dog regular drinking water when he stops resting. It will be easier to get your dog to drink if it is known water from your home. Water in different places often smells or tastes different and your dog may not want to drink it.
4. Be sure to pack your dog’s food, treats, favorite bedding, toys, and leash.
5. If your dog uses a cage, bring it too. If you do not have a large vehicle, you can buy folding boxes. When you get to your destination, you can put your dog in its cage while going to a place where you cannot take it.
6. How should your dog drive the car? Some dogs like to sit or lie down on the seat, so take a blanket to protect the padding. Other dogs may need to be kept in a cage in the car. Make sure that the box can not slip and scare the dog while driving. You can also buy a seat belt for dogs to keep your dog safe while sitting in the car.
7. Stop for a few hours to walk your dog and give him some water. Some dogs are afraid of the noisy trucks passing by, so try walking in a quiet area. Be a good citizen and take plastic bags to pick up the mess.
8. If your dog is eager to stay in a strange hotel or house at his destination, he may not be able to eat or drink. You do not want it to become dehydrated, so make sure it at least drinks. You can mix chicken stock or sauce in the dog’s water. Usually it will lead to patching. You can also mix chicken stock or sauce in food.
The first trip will be the most difficult because your dog is not aware that he is returning. With the first ride behind you, if you’ve taken the time to make sure your dog is comfortable, traveling in the future with your dog should be a breeze.