With the onset of monsoon, people are at least relieved of the scorching heat of summers, but the rains surely bring some pesky little problems along. The major problem is the accumulation of moisture due to the flowing water in unwanted places and high content of humidity in the atmosphere. Both of the reasons are enough for the growth of molds in your house.
Many homeowners focus on the rainwater falling through the roofs, but they rarely come to know about the rainwater getting into confined areas of the house where it stays, gets absorbed and dampen the material. Such conditions are apt for the mold to dwell.
What is Mold?
During High humidity content in the atmosphere, mold spores that are suspended in the air settle on the surfaces, especially the organic surfaces like wood, drywall, insulation, cloth and so on. Once the mold spores settle, they grow more and more upon feeding on the surface they reside. If the mold growth is enhanced, the place is filled with musty smell and molds which could be of any color- blue, brown, black and green.
If your place has a severe mold growth problem, then it can lead to health issues for your family members that may include skin allergies, irritation in nose, eyes and ears, difficulty in breathing and so on.
Mold Solutions Canada are professionals in dealing with molds routinely. So, being homeowners who are fed up of the growth of molds during monsoon can hire these mold remediation and free themselves from the worry of mold. Besides, here are some proactive ways to deal with mold during monsoon. Have a look!
1) Remove moisture from confine places- Your rooms, bathrooms and basement area, store and garage can become easily humid during the rainy season, so here are some simple tips to keep them dry-
- Invest in humidifiers
- Get proper ventilation
- Allow sunlight in your house
- Place silica gel or naphthalene balls in moist areas of the house
2) Identify the problematic areas in your home- Inspect areas that are prone to moisture and mold. If there are leaky pipes and broken insulation, call the professionals to get them repaired.
3) Invest in mold-resistant products- Use mold-resistant paint in the areas where mold growth is easy and frequent to due water leaks and high moisture content. Although mold-resistant paints are a bit expensive, but they can be used in most affected areas. Use them only once you clean the walls with a dry cloth.
4) Distance furniture from damp walls- You might be wondering how did your furniture catch mold? How did they catch fungus? Well, the answer is simple that the chair, cabinets and table that are placed near walls, windows and seepage areas can easily get fungus; therefore, keep them away from such places where molds can dwell. Secondly, clean them with a dry cloth regularly to prevent them from getting mold affected.
5) Get professional help- Sometimes mold problem is so severe it is hard to get it away through DIYs. So, the best solution is to hire mold remediation who are trained enough to scrape mold off your premises.